You are Worth It

 
Too often we are told that we are "too broken to love". Whether we have been abandoned, addicted to drugs/alcohol, looking for love, or just floating around trying to find out who we are; we are told that "we are not good enough". We seem to feed into this lie that we are not worthy of love, or that we are too broken for love. The fortunate truth is that that isn't true! We are worthy of love, and we have thee most worthy love of all, and that is from Our God! I know that you may be thinking "I doubt it, I've too far gone to earn His love". But that's the best part, we don't have to earn it, even when we "strayed too far". "“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10. He has never left our sides, and He never will. Even when times get tough or we feel as though our sin or our past is too much for the Lord to love us and lead us through it, He is there with us in the storm. "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:26-28. We are not supposed to be strong forever, or else there would be no reason for God. But we become weak, and God is our strength. And through that weakness He loves us, and never leaves us, no matter how hard it gets. You are loved, and you are worth it.
 
 
 
After all - Meredith Andrews
 
 
 
 
Philippians 3:12.
"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me."

Comments

  1. Hi Devon! Awesome post. I would love it if you would share your story in this context - how your background and the struggles you've come through have brought you to this truth (that you are worth God's love). Just a thought for maybe a future post...I think your testimony is awesome and would resonate with a lot of young ladies. Love you. Christen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts