There's Beauty in Brokenness



I am Devon Timm, and I was born on April 21, 1996. I lived with my mom and dad until I was about 3 years old, and then my mom and I left because my dad was extremely violent to her. From the age of 3 to the age of 6 my mom and I went from house to house, whether it was my grandparents house or a friends house. When I was 6 my mom and I had moved in with Brad, my little sisters dad, and that was our home for the next 12 years. When I was 7 I learned about a God who loved me more than I could imagine, that year I was saved. Years went by and slowly Brad became verbally abusive to my mom and I, and not long after he began being physically abusive to my mom. Cops were called more than I'd like to admit, nights were spent crying and days were spent with tired eyes. I was barely passing my classes in 7th grade and I was over eating to hide the sadness, so I decided that it was best to move in with my grandparents. At the age of 11 I moved out. Not long after I started self-harming. When I had started it was a cry for attention that became my get away for years. Freshman year came around and I thought I had found someone that I made out to be way better than he made himself seem, and at the end of my freshman year I had developed an eating disorder that lasted 7 months. I felt completely hopeless and useless. All of Sophomore year I looked for love in every guy that said hello, and he was nowhere to be found. The summer before my Senior year my dad passed away, 6 months later my mom was arrested for drinking and driving, and 3 months after that I realized that I wouldn't be able to afford to go to Liberty University. It seemed as though one thing after another was working against me, but it wouldn't be until almost a year later until I would understand why The Lord was doing what He was doing, but before that I knew I needed to repent, and that this was The Lord breaking me to turn back to Him. It's almost a year later and I am still seeing each day why He put me though what He put me through, and I wouldn't change it for another life. I have learned that there is someone that you can lean on no matter what happens in your life, and He is all you need. I have learned that when He calls me to be broken, that I must rejoice in it, if He calls me to move, I must rejoice in it and every other day in between. Was my life easy? Not in the least bit. But, would I change it? Not for anything. I feel as though the Lord put me through all the trials He did for me to use it for His glory, and His glory alone, and I need to say "Here I am, Lord, do with me what You want.". "You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that you have heard from Me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please Him who enlisted him as a soldier" 2 Timothy 2:1-4. This fight isn't over, but I know my Lord isn't done fighting for me.


Overcome- Desperation Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRAQ7XCJefQ


Philippians 4:11-13
"Not  that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Comments

  1. Yay, you did it!! Thank you for sharing what you've come through and who it's made you. never lose that awesome perspective. This is another great song about beauty in brokenness (I'm sure you know it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWooIrU5OwI

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts