Keep Fighting, This Battle isn't Over Yet.


So often we feel like we are on top of the world and nothing can touch us. However, it seems as though as soon as we learn to fly again our wings give way, leaving us on a crash course to the ground. At that point we wonder, why? Why me? Why now? Why can't I just be happy? Why am I even here? So many questions run through our heads, leaving us wondering if we should even try anymore or if we would be better off just giving up. Sometimes we just feel like God isn't on our side and that we are fighting this battle alone and He has abandoned us. The truth is, He never abandoned us, but we have started relying on ourselves to make it through. "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31. Everything is in His timing, not ours. Though it may seem like times are just getting too hard and the Lord is not near, He is. He is just as close to us in times of hurt and trials as He is to us in times of joy and laughter. "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a crushed spirit. " Psalms 34:16-18. Notice how it says that He is near
to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. The Lord doesn't watch you go through heartache and say "oh well, I'm over hearing them cry about the same thing, I have better things to do. Good luck!" NO, it says that He hears the righteous cry out and he is near. "You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier."  2 Timothy 2:1-4. I love how His word says we must endure hardships as a good soldier of Jesus Christ, because so often we think "oh, I'm so glad I'm saved. God loves me so much I know that He wouldn't put me through heartache", however, that isn't true at all. Though it may be hard to think about the fact that we must endure hard times just as much as unbelievers, the difference is the end goal. We are striving for heaven. The best goal there is to be had. "But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for ChristYet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:7-14. God loves us so much, but that doesn't mean that he won't put us through hard times. However, that also doesn't mean that we should just give up. Times are hard, but we have our God to bring us through every storm that comes our way. You are loved, don't give up this fight!

Your Hands - Jj Heller
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l3CEMWCxSk


Psalms 34:16-18
"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a crushed spirit. "
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts