Feeling inadequte

Take a moment. Close your eyes and breathe in deep and then exhale gently. Open your eyes and look around. Open your ears and take in the beauty of the different sounds of life. Put your hand on your chest. Do you feel that? That's your heart beating, that's a PURPOSE. You are not here just by chance, you are here because your in God's great plan. Some may say "Yeah, but I messed it up because ____". No! God knew what was going to happen even before it did, and it was in His plan. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile." Jeremiah 29:11-14. Often times we think that God is this big human that slaps peoples wrists and punishes them constantly, but that just simply isn't the case. God says that He has plans to give us a future and a hope if we seek Him with all our hearts. God is waiting for us to respond, for us to throw in the towel and say "Lord, I need you. I can't do this without you." If that isn't love then I don't know what is! Many people say think that God can't love them because they have gone too far, or that God can't use them because they're not perfect. Well, I'm going to let you in on a little secret... None of us are perfect and God still loves us with all His heart! "Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,  I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12-14. I love how this emphasizes that, no we aren't perfect but that we are still supposed to press on. That means not throwing in the towel and saying "Forget it, I can't do it, I give up because this is pointless!", but saying "Lord, I can't do it, but YOU CAN, please help me through it!" It's time we stop living in our past and it's time to respond. Let Him use you for His glory, no matter what our past tells us we can or can not do. God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

All the Broken Pieces - Matthew West
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKcsFiwYu08

Psalm 16:3-4
"All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit. Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established. The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble."

Comments

Popular Posts