I Don't Understand You God

I don't understand God sometimes. I actually don't understand God most of the time. I don't understand why campers tell me that they deal with depression, broken households or poor self-image. I don't understand why there are kids going home to alcoholic parents or single households. I don't understand why teenagers have been diagnosed with diabetes, cerebral palsy or bipolar disorder. I don't understand.

As a counselor you want to do nothing more than to help your campers see God for who He is: A good Father, and I've learned that us trying to figure Him out does nothing but lessen His greatness. Because if we were able to understand why He does all that He does would He be God? "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9. We are not meant to understand God. Let me repeat that we are not meant to understand God.

In my life God has proven His goodness through the trials He has put me through and I have to trust that He is doing the same in each and every life He brings to camp. Everything is done to point back to His sovereignty.

Something that I have had to learn is that it's not my job to understand, it's my job to trust that God is going to use this in ways we could have never imagined. It's my job to lay down my God complex and trust in the God of all creation. It's my job to pour in whatever God has given me to pour for His honor and glory forever and ever.

I want to be a passionate disciple for my Lord and King, and part of that passion in found in the unknown. Our eyes should be so focused on our Creator that we don't look down to find our own footing but follow Him in awe and obedience.

No, I don't understand God, but I don't need to because He is God and I am not.

{Here's my heart, Lord.} 


I Don't Understand God Sometimes
https://vimeo.com/118153545


Psalm 31:19
"Oh, how abundant is Your goodness, which You have stored up for those who fear You and worked for those who take refuge in You..."

Comments

Popular Posts