See you Later

Today I stepped off the ferry for the last time this summer. Though it hasn't hit me that I won't be back until next year, it will. This summer has been the biggest blessing that I could have ever asked for and I wouldn't have changed it for the world. However, I can say that I am excited to not have to keep track of campers or live out of a suitcase for a while.

One week ago I had my last round of campers for the year. One week ago this picture was taken: A Cup of Happy. That not only defines the coffee that resides inside of the mug, but it also defines how I feel about this summer. Happy. No, joyous. I can say it over and over: God blessed me so much.

To be honest, my favorite part of these past two months (besides the campers) was running out of water and having to bucket flush toilets until we made more in the water house. It was one of those moments where we couldn't help but laugh and respond to people with, "Welcome to island life!" So for about an hour that day we were taking buckets and garbage cans to the lake, filling them and bucket flushing each toilet. The whole experience was done with laughter because who else can say that their ministry was to flush toilets with lake water? The most amazing thing was not one staff member was angry, however in that moment the joy of the ministry that God called us to became our strength (literally, because buckets of water were really heavy). God was ever present that day.

My heart is so sad at the thought that I won't have the staff to wake up to every morning and that I won't be drinking coffee while sitting on the dining room floor. My heart is so sad that I won't be engulfed in a Christian environment or have campers to pray for or with. My heart is so sad at the thought of not seeing everyone for so long and not knowing what's going on in their day-to-day lives. My heart is so sad at the thought that there will be no more PD office hangouts or Saturday movie nights on the field. However, with all that being said, my heart also dances with joy.

My heart dances with joy at the thought that God is going to show up and show off in more ways than we can imagine this year. My heart dances with joy at the thought that we all ended up at camp because we answered God's call and followed in His footsteps. My heart dances with joy knowing that this summer has grown and pushed me in ways I could have never even imagined. My heart dances with joy at the idea that God has so much more in store for me that I don't even know yet. My heart just dances for joy before my Lord.

Now back to not having to take a ferry to go to Walmart or having to wait forever for a YouTube video to stream in low quality.

{This isn't goodbye, it's see you later.}
 
 
 
Psalm 23
"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Comments

Popular Posts