Stop Entertaining the Thoughts


Have you ever been confident in who you are? I have. Recently, to be completely honest, I have fallen in love with myself over again. I found all the little bits and pieces that God has given me, and not given me, and praised Him for them and used them for Him.

But, if we are also completely honest, I have spent most of my life in self-doubt. I spent my life thinking I wasn't good enough, pretty enough, skinny enough, funny enough, smart enough, *insert word here* enough. So many times I have allowed myself to get physically sick to my stomach in anxiety of who I am. Beyond that, in who God has created me to be. I've spent days where I have had to turn my phone off because I found myself waiting expectantly on that text back that never came or that Instagram like that didn't come either. Then, I would think of everything that was wrong with me and blame myself for something that was so little at one point but I allowed to manifest inside.

That's where I have found myself this week, in self-doubt and God-questioning. After a week with Godly friends, Godly speakers, wholesome music and spiritual-challenges... satan hit me hard. And, though I shouldn't have been, I was completely blindsided. Why? Because my self-love-God-love was not how I was expecting him to attack.

One thing I noticed is that satan knows exactly how to come in and start knocking down the newly build structure of assurance you have finally built up. He takes the beautiful words of who God says you are and contorts them into words that you only recognize in the dark -- or in front of a mirror. And when they aren't stopped they grow. And the more they grow the more you believe them as the truth. And the more you believe them as the truth the more you doubt. Not only who you are, but who He is to you.

That's why I think that God is so clear in 1 Peter 5:8-9 when He says, "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings." A prowling Lion watches its prey and knows its weakness just like satan does. Satan knows our every insecurity, slip up and doubt and he can and will use it to stop the work of God's kingdom. But we already know Who wins in the end and it's not satan.

Listen to me closely:

We, myself included, need to stop entertaining the thoughts that satan so eagerly puts in our heads and fill our every being with who Christ as created us to be. Ambassadors, Kingdom workers, His holy people, and the beloved. And if you have put your faith in Jesus Christ nothing can change that fact. Satan can only change your thoughts, not the facts, and it's up to you if you're going to allow it.


Here as we Wait (Show us Your Glory) -Melodie Malone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN8GYVWf6ko
"Chains fall, fear bow, here now. Jesus You change everything. Lives healed, hope found, here now. Jesus You change everything."


Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

Comments

Popular Posts